Views: 8 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-16 Origin: Site
Hibiscus is rich in protein, organic acids, Vitamin C amino acids, a large number of natural colors and a variety of minerals. Hibiscus acid contained in hibiscus is believed to be effective in the treatment of heart disease, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis and other diseases. Let's take a look at what hibiscus flowers are eaten!
How to eat and treat hibiscus flowers
1. Cleaning: Wash the collected hibiscus flowers.
2. Take the calyx: remove the flower holder of the roselle flower and remove the calyx.
3, sun drying: after drying the water with a sieve, evenly spread in the dustpan, put in the sun to dry until 70% dry.
4: Steam: Steam 70% dried hibiscus flowers over low heat for a few minutes.
5, re-drying: steamed roselle flowers put back into the dustpan, continue to be placed in the sun, sun-dried.
6, preservation: finally use a plastic bag or crisper to store, put in a cool and dry place, or refrigerator.
A complete set of ways to eat roselle flowers
1. [Brew tea to drink]
1. Hibiscus flower tea
Ingredients: roselle flowers, rock sugar, honey
(1) Put an appropriate amount of hibiscus flowers into a pot, add water and bring to a boil over medium heat, turn off the heat after 3 minutes, and soak at residual temperature for 5 minutes.
(2) After filtering out the tea residue, pour the tea into the cup, and when the hibiscus tea is slightly cold, add rock sugar or honey to drink (high temperature will destroy the nutrition of honey).
(Brewing method) Material: hibiscus flower, hot water to taste
(1) If the direct brewing method is used, the amount of hot boiled water is only about 180cc.
(2) However, cover the lid with a cup and steep for 5-8 minutes to let the roselle flower taste.
(3) If you don't like to drink hot tea, you can also put in the appropriate ice cubes after brewing. In the hot summer, drinking a cup of cold hibiscus tea is very comfortable.
(4) In addition, hibiscus tea is also a good choice for drinking with green tea. Hibiscus flower tea should be drunk after meals, which can help digestion of the stomach and intestines, but people with cold stomach should not drink more.
2. Hibiscus flower fruit tea
Ingredients: 8 dried hibiscus flowers, 1 pear, rock sugar to taste, honey to taste
(1) The first is to prepare pears, rock sugar, and dried hibiscus flowers. Then wash the pears and cut them into small cubes.
(2) Put the hibiscus flowers, rock sugar, and diced pears into the pot. Finally, add boiling water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, cool slightly and add honey to drink.
3. Rose rose flower goji berry tea
Ingredients: 10 g roses, 10 g roses, 5 g goji berries, 2 bowls of water
(1) First remove the ingredients, soak them in warm water, wash them, and drain them.
(2) Then bring to a boil in some water, pour in roses, roses, goji berries and boil, pour into a teapot and steep for a while.
(3) If you like to drink sweet flower tea, you can add a little rock sugar to boil together, or add honey after the boiled flower tea has cooled. Xiaobian prefers to drink the original flower tea, sweet and slightly sour taste, fresh and refreshing.
2. [Soup to drink]
1. Hibiscus flower black chicken soup
Ingredients: 300 g of black-boned chicken, 6 hibiscus flowers, 3 red dates, goji berries, 5 g of salt, 4 slices of ginger
(1) First wash and cut the black chicken into pieces, and prepare the hibiscus flowers, dates and ginger slices.
(2) Then put the black chicken, hibiscus flowers, red dates, goji berries and ginger slices into the inner tank of the electric stew cup, add an appropriate amount of water, and at the same time inject an appropriate amount of hot water into the electric stew cup (not exceeding the water level line), cover the lid of the inner tank and the electric stew cup, adjust to the bone key, and simmer for four hours.
(3) After four hours, add an appropriate amount of salt and let it warm.
2. Roselle flower silver ear soup
Ingredients: white fungus, lotus seeds, hibiscus flowers, rock sugar
(1) First, soak the lotus seeds and white fungus in advance.
(2) Wash the soaked white fungus, cut off the yellow peduncle on the back and tear it into small pieces. The roselle flowers are then soaked in water.
(3) Pour the lotus seeds and white fungus into the pot and simmer for one hour. Add the hibiscus flowers and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Add rock sugar and simmer for 10 minutes until saccharification.
III. 【Preserved Hibiscus Flowers】
Ingredients: 1000 g of hibiscus, 60 g of salt, 600 g of sugar
(1) Collect fresh calyx hibiscus and remove the flower holder of the hibiscus flower.
(2) The clean hibiscus flowers, weigh about 1000 grams, first use 60 grams of salt, marinate for 24 hours, the pickling process needs to be stirred several times, until the hibiscus flowers appear to soften, the brine is drained.
(3) Prepare to drain after marinating. The drained brine, the red color is very bright, you can make good use of it to pickle white radish or tender ginger, the flavor is unique.
(4) In the softened roselle flower, add 300 grams of sugar and mix well, put it in the refrigerator for about 4 days, add 150 grams of sugar, put it in the refrigerator for two days, put another 150 grams of sugar, wait for the sugar to completely dissolve, and then eat.
(5) The preserved fruit in the seal must be mixed frequently to make the sugar evenly dissolved. Add sugar in parts to make the preserves crunchy. Use white sugar or rock sugar.
(6) Be sure to put it in the refrigerator so that the preserves will appear beautiful and bright natural red. If you are afraid of acid, you can increase the amount of sugar as appropriate, and the finished product is sour and very crisp.
4. [Drinking wine]
Ingredients: roselle flowers, edible alcohol, water to taste
(1) Take a certain amount of roselle flowers to separate the sap, and then add a certain amount of water, depending on personal preference. Repeat the extraction three times in this way.
(2) Then put the liquid out into a greenhouse for fermentation, and isolation, after which the sinking yeast will be removed, part of the edible alcohol will be added to adjust the alcohol, and finally the cylinder will be sealed, and the cylinder will be poured after a few weeks to clarify and filter the fermentation juice.
(3) Take an appropriate amount of hibiscus flowers and soak them in hot water at 80 °C, generally soak them 3 to 4 times, and filter the soaking juice for the color of the wine. With the roselle flower fermentation juice as the base, accompanied by an appropriate amount of soaking juice, adjust the required sugar and wine, and obtain the roselle flower wine after filtering.
(4) The wine is ruby red, crystal clear brew, fragrant taste, sweet and sour, and can be used as a drink to increase appetite, prevent and treat cardiovascular diseases such as arteriosclerosis.
Hibiscus is suitable for people
It can be consumed by the general population, and it is suitable for patients with high blood pressure, heart disease and people who stay up late.
Who can't eat hibiscus
1. Pregnant women and menstruating women are forbidden to eat.
2. It has a diuretic effect. People with poor kidney function should not eat.
3, hibiscus flower taste cold, for the body weakness, stomach cold people are best to eat less hibiscus flowers.
3, roselle flowers contain a lot of organic acids, so people with too much stomach acid, try not to drink.
4. Hibiscus flower also has the effect of lowering blood pressure and lowering lipids. Therefore, people with low blood pressure are not suitable for eating roselle flowers.