Natural antioxidants Rosemary Extract in food industry
Rosmarinus officinalis, commonly known as rosemary, is native to the Mediterranean region,and widely grown in the Spanish, France and other European regions. China imported the palnt since 1980s from Canada and America,nowadays Henan province and Hunan province are widely culticvated the plant,especially in Hunan there is more than 5000 mu palntation area.
Nowadays consumers are demanding “cleaner” labels whilst retailers demand longer shelf lives. The use of natural antioxidants such as rosemary extracts can solve these problems simultaneously.Rosemary Extracts have been approved for use in the EU as food additive E932 under Regulation 1333/2008 of the European Parliament and the Council.
|Product Name ||Rosemary Extract |
|Appearance ||Brown yellow fine powder |
|Botanical Source ||Rosmarinus officinalis L. |
|Active ingredient ||Carnosic Acid, Carnosol, Rosmarinic acid, Ursolic acid and oleanolic acid |
|Used Part ||Rosemary leaf |
|Solvent Used ||Ethanol |
|Solubility ||soluble in ethanol |
|Main Functions ||Natural Antioxidants in food |
|Specification || |
25% Carnosic acid by HPLC;
25% Rosmarinic acid by HPLC;
5%-50% Ursolic acid by HPLC;
|ITEMS ||SPECIFICATION ||METHODS |
|Appearance ||Beige to brown fine powder ||GB 5492 |
|Odor & taste ||Characteristic ||GB 5492 |
|Bulk Density ||40 - 60 g/100mL ||GB 18798.5 |
|Identification ||Complies to standard ||HPTLC |
|Particle size ||95% through 200 µm ||CP2015 |
|Loss on Drying ||≤5.0% ||CP2015 |
|Total Ashes ||≤5.0% ||CP2015 |
|Chemical Tests |
|Rosmarinic acid ||≥20.0% ||HPLC |
|Lead ||≤3.0 ppm ||CP2015 |
|Arsenic ||≤1.0 ppm ||CP2015 |
|Cadmium ||≤1.0 ppm ||CP2015 |
|Mercury ||≤0.1 ppm ||CP2015 |
|4PAH ||Benzo(a)pyrene ≤ 10.0 ppb |
4PAH ≤ 50.0 ppb
|Solvent Residue ||Complies to EP current edition ||CP2015 |
|Pesticides Residues ||Complies to EP and EU regulation n° 396/2005 ||GC & LC-MS/MS |
|Microbiological Tests |
|Total Plate Count ||≤10,000 cfu/g ||CP2015 |
|Yeast & Mold ||≤100 cfu/g ||CP2015 |
|Enterobacteriacea ||≤100 cfu/g ||CP2015 |
|E.Coli ||Absent/g ||CP2015 |
|Salmonella ||Absent/25g ||CP2015 |
1. Apply in food field;
2. Apply in pharmaceuticals and health care field;
3. Apply in cosmetic field
6.Anticancer anti-tumor effect
9.Antithrombotic antiplatelet effect
11.UV radiation effect
● We provide customized specifications.
● We have professional QC team to ensure your product more better.
● Profession SOP from starting raw material to final product.
● Have the strict inspection during the processing.
● Make the 100% inspection before the shipments.
Passed the ISO9001 quality system authentication and FSSC 22000 authentication and Kosher and Halal.
● We are an innovation and dependable herbal extract manufacturer, with:
● Two factories with first class product lines, yearly production about 2000tons;
● A professional research team, supported by center of analysis service of Hunan Agricultural University, advanced analysis equipments to ensure the quality of all products and the capacity of developing new products.
● More than 20-year experience in international business, we are confident in our capability to provide quality products and best services to our customers, to make our clients’ work more easily.
All products have to go through 4 checks in the whole process:
1. Raw material inspection
2. In processing inspection
3. Final inspection
4. Outgoing inspection